At Southland Trailers we build it better, and we build it together! We’re innovators who are obsessed with finding ways to improve everything around us from our products and processes to contributing to the communities that we live in.
We are currently looking for welders to join our team. Before applying ask yourself if;
- Take pride in the work that you do?
- Want recognition for your hard work?
- Like to learn and continually improve?
- Like working with great teams?
Required Skills & Experience
- Education: High School Diploma
- 300 hours of welding experience minimum
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd year apprentice with valid blue book (or able to get blue book)
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate basic mechanical skills and aptitude, including safe operation of hand & power Tools.
- Be able to handle items weighing in excess of 50 pounds. This includes lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning items.
- Demonstrate appropriate reading, clerical, and basic math skills, including the ability to understand written instructions, and perform routine calculations
- A valid first aid certificate would be an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in early morning team huddle/stretch
- Use tools in a safe manner
- Verify materials and equipment are ready for the project
- Identify problems and communicate to supervisors
- Confirm measurements and product specification
- Examine welds to ensure they meet standards and specifications
- Use various power/hand tools (grinding, drills, cutting torches, plasma cutting etc.).
- Frequently lifting in excess of 50lbs
- Work in various positions for lengthy periods of time (bend, squat, kneel, stand)
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head/Assistant Coach
- Partner with your co-workers to work together cohesively in performing welding work as assigned by your assistant/head coach.
- Following standard operating procedures
- Collecting data regarding production
- Performing line changeovers
- When a problem/challenge does occur, become involved in the solution
- Complete daily 5S requirements
- Verify work completion with Head/Assistant Coach
- Complete all assigned training on time
- Competitive wage with regular reviews!
- In-house cafeteria that serves fresh hot breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily!
- Apprenticeship program track – we will pay for your apprenticeship!
- Great incentive program!
- Great training program!
- Employee gatherings such as paintball, BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and much more!
- Motivate everyone to continuously improve!
- Generous benefits package for you and your family!
- Condensed work-week – enjoy a short work day on Friday’s!
- Offer a “Lean Manufacturing” culture
Salary: $21.00-$36.00 per hour
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.