At Southland Trailer Corp. we build it better, and we build it together!
We are innovators who are obsessed with finding ways to improve everything around us, from our products and processes to the communities that we live in.
We are currently looking for leaders to join our team. Interested? Before applying ask yourself if;
- Take pride in the work that you do!
- Want recognition for your hard work!
- Like to learn and continually improve!
- Like working with great teams!
The team captain is the first level of leadership and a main point of contact for new hires and team members. A team captain primarily works on the production floor and may require to complete hands-on tasks alongside team members. Also, you must ensure the quality and productivity standards that have been set by Southland Trailer Corp are met and if possible, exceeded at all times.
Required Skills & Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate basic mechanical skills and aptitude, including safe operation of all equipment.
- Ability to use different types of equipment and mentor others.
- Be able to handle items weighing in excess of 50 pounds. This includes lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning items.
- Demonstrate appropriate reading, clerical, and basic math skills, including the ability to understand written instructions, and perform routine calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor product quality – repair/prevent defects.
- Coaching of team members – limited to “Coaching for Improvement” and “Great Job”. Warnings are to be completed by assistant coaches or higher.
- Maintain a strong understanding of inventory and know know basic scheduling functions.
- Fill Assistant Coach duties in the case of a coach’s absence.
- Maintain 5S of designated Area, conduct 5S Audits.
- Partake in Job Shadow facilitation.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by manager.
- Competitive wage with regular reviews!
- In-house cafeteria that serves fresh hot breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily!
- Apprenticeship program track – we will pay for your apprenticeship!
- Great incentive program!
- Great training program!
- Employee gatherings such as paintball, BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and much more!
- Rewards for employees who produce new ideas and improvements!
- Motivate everyone to continuously improve!
- Generous benefits package for you and your family!
- Condensed work week – have a long weekend every weekend!
- Offer a “Lean Manufacturing” culture
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$34.00 per hour