At Southland Trailer Corp. we build it better, and we build it together!
We are innovators who are obsessed with finding ways to improve everything around us, from our products and processes to the communities that we live in.
We are currently looking for people to join team. Interested? Before applying ask yourself if;
- Take pride in the work that you do!
- Want recognition for your hard work!
- Like to learn and continually improve!
- Like working with great teams!
Required Skills & Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 6-12 months forklift experience
·Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Experience in a shipping role would be considered an asset
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Material Management System (JD Edwards, SAP).
- Knowledge in planning, organizing, monitoring, reporting, and conducting activities requiring independent decisions / judgment and familiarity with expediting fundamentals.
- Extremely accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Able to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Team-player who works productively with a diverse group of people
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Able to multi-task and problem-solve
- Lift/carry/maneuver heavy material or equipment (up to 50 lbs.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Load finished goods on to trucks for final delivery
- Delivery, storage, and placement of materials throughout the STC facility. Ensure all material are moved accurately and free of damage.
- Pursue all action necessary to detect and avoid late delivery of material. Communicating discrepancies with all applicable persons.
- Safe operation of a forklift.
- Maintaining the ability to determine the status of an order at any given time
- Understanding basic inventory, warehousing, and stocking procedures
- Communicating positively with supervisors and fellow workers
- Assisting in keeping facility clean, neat, safe, secure, and operating efficiently
- Contributing to a positive and safe working environment
- To read, understand, and comply with the Southland Trailer Corporation’s safety policy and safe work practices, procedures, and rules.
- To mentor in the safety training of employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Set a good example.
- Competitive wage with regular reviews!
- In-house cafeteria that serves fresh hot breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily!
- Great incentive program!
- Great training program!
- Gatherings such as paintball, BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and much more!
- Rewards for employees who produce new ideas and improvements!
- Motivate everyone to continuously improve!
- Generous benefits package for you and your family!
- Offer a “Lean Manufacturing” culture
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$25.00 per hour