At Southland Trailers we build it better, and we build it together! We’re innovators who are obsessed with finding ways to improve everything around us from our products and processes to contributing to the communities that we live in. We are currently looking for people to join our team.
Interested? Before applying ask yourself if you;
- Take pride in the work that you do!
- Want recognition for your hard work!
- Like to learn and continually improve!
- Like working with great teams!
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to work nights if required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- 1-year experience with CNC Press Brake or other Materials processing equipment.
- Apprentice Plate Fitters are a bonus.
- Demonstrate basic mechanical skills and aptitude, including safe operation of hand & power tools.
- Be able to handle items weighing 50 pounds. This includes lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning items.
- Demonstrate appropriate reading, clerical, and basic math skills, including the ability to understand written instructions, and perform routine calculations.
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to accept feedback.
- Be willing to identify both problems and solutions in the workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in early morning team huddle/stretch.
- Use tools in a safe manner
- Verify materials and equipment are ready for the project
- Identify problems and communicate to Head Coach/Assistant Coach
- Partner with your co-workers to work together cohesively in performing final finish assembly duties as assigned by your assistant/head coach. This includes;
- Following standard operating procedures.
- Collecting data regarding production.
- Performing line changeovers.
- Ensuring TAKT times are achieved for each work cell.
- When a problem/challenge does occur, become involved in the solution.
- Complete daily 5S requirements.
- Verify work completion with assistant/head coach.
- Patriciate in Hansei meeting.
- Other Ad Hoc duties as assigned by Head Coach/Assistant Coach.
- Competitive wage with regular reviews!
- Apprenticeship program track – we will pay for your apprenticeship!
- Great incentive program!
- Great training program!
- Employee gatherings such as paintball, BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and much more!
- Rewards for employees who produce new ideas and improvements!
- Motivate everyone to continuously improve!
- Generous benefits package for you and your family!
- Offer a “Lean Manufacturing” culture
- In-house cafeteria that serves fresh hot breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily!
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.